Do you have itchy or dry skin? Water spots on your dishes or in your shower? Plumbing fixtures looking older then they really are? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, its time to give Utah Plumbing and Heating a call and have us install a new water softener system in your home today.
Hard water takes its toll on people, dishes, appliances and fixtures. Salt Lake City, and, in fact, all of Utah is categorized as having “Very Hard Water”. What makes water hard? Calcium and Magnesium are the 2 primary minerals in water that contribute to make water hard.
A properly sized, installed and maintained water softener removes these minerals effectively and can prolong the life of your valued appliances, fixtures, pipes and dishes. Soft water also helps the condition of you skin, your clothes, and helps your soaps be more effective as you clean and wash.
The simplest way to determine if you have hard water is the lather/froth test: soap or toothpaste, when agitated, lathers easily in soft water but not in hard water.
We at Utah Plumbing and Heating can come to your home, run some simple tests letting you know the “hardness” of your water and give you a free estimate on the cost of a water softener installation. Providing you and your home the needed protection.
- Consistent Prices – Prices are quoted to you before starting the job so there are no hidden charges after the fact.
- Quality Products – You hate to buy something only to find out it is poor quality, or worse yet have it break shortly after purchase. We too don’t like that, that is why here at Utah Plumbing and Heating we align
ourselves with quality product that we are proud to stand behind knowing it will last.
- Professional installation – Utah Plumbing and Heating technicians follow a strict guide line to make sure the water softeners are installed correct and in a quality manner.
- Guaranteed work – 100% Satisfaction guarantee. You don’t pay if you’re not satisfied.
- Peace of Mind – Utah Plumbing and Heating offers a “Comfort Maintenance Agreement” It’s a custom tailored agreement made between you and Pond’s to take care of all the equipment in your home, like this water softener, plus your furnace, water heater, boiler, etc. All maintained so you can rest assured that your equipment is being maintained in top performance and your home is comfortable.
Hard water is created by an excess of calcium and magnesium salts in water ... here's a useful table showing different degrees of hardness .. in this table 1 gpg means 1 grain of calcium carbonate per gallon of water Soft Water is normally less than 1 gpg Slightly hard water contains between 1 to 3.5 gpg Moderately or medium hard water has 3.5 to 7 gpg Hard water contains 7 to 10.5 gpg and Very Hard - 10.5 and higher gpg Hard water causes many problems around the home.
Hard water works fine for rinsing down driveways, watering gardens and lawns. It's indoors where hard water causes hassles and real problems. Bathing is less efficient, as is washing clothes and cutlery and crockery. Hair tends to lose shine and flexibility and pipes can become blocked in extreme cases.
Call Utah Plumbing and Heating today at 801-989-5987 and we will send one of our experts to your home with a brand new Water Softener system, ready to make your life much nicer, and your dishes clear as well.